Here I will answer some of the questions I am asked the most. Hopefully, these will be helpful. If you can think of any additional questions, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How old are you?
- I am currently 30 years old. My birthday is November 10th. Go Scorpios!!
Where are you from? Where do you live?
-I am a southern girl! I was born and raised in Jacksonville, Florida. I have lived in several places including, Tampa, Los Angeles, and Orlando. My family recently moved to New England and we currently reside in New Hampshire.
What about your family life?
- I am a mother-of-three. I have two sons (ages 9 and 10) and a daughter (3 years). I have been married for 4 years to the greatest man in the world! My husband is a criminology professor. I have a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, a Master of Science degree in Criminology, and a Master of Social Work degree with a certification in Marriage and Family Therapy. I am currently a SAHM, but I will begin working in the social work field soon.
Do you have any other hobbies or special interests outside of blogging?
-I don't really do much outside of spending time with my family and blogging. I love to shop though! I love reading, especially about serial killers. (I know...weird). I am deeply invested in the mental health aspect of social work practice, so I love reading and learning new treatment techniques.
What is your favorite mainstream polish brand? Favorite indie brand? Favorite high end brand? Favorite drug store brand?
- My favorite mainstream brand is Zoya. No questions asked. I do enjoy polishes from many other mainstreams, but Zoya is my favorite.
-My favorite indie brand is KBShimmer. Again, hands down. No questions asked. You can find a variety of amazing polishes and bath and body products from KBShimmer. They have excellent customer service as well!
-My favorite high end brand is Illamasqua. They have consistently created beautiful polishes with amazing formulas.
-My favorite drugstore brand is Sally Hansen. I really love the Complete Salon Manicure line for the great formulas and range of colors and finishes. I also love the Inst-Dry Colors for stamping.
Are your nails natural?
- Yes they are. I put a lot of work into maintaining a nail routine that keeps my natural nails healthy and strong. You can find my nail care routine HERE.
What is your favorite base coat? Topcoat?
- My favorite base coat is usually a mixture of a regular basecoat and treatment basecoat. I like to use Duri Rejuvacote or OPI Nail Envy along with KBShimmer Stuck on Blue basecoat.
-My favorite topcoat is KBShimmer Clearly on Top and Glisten & Glow HK Girl. I have tried other options, but I always come back to these two. They dry amazingly fast, leave a glossy finish, and last for several days without chipping or shrinkage.
Can you recommend any nail treatments?
- The treatments I use are Duri Rejuvacote, OPI Nail Envy (matte version), and Nail Magic Strengthener.
What is your go to manicure clean up routine?
-My cleanup routine consists of an ELF concealer or angled liner brush dipped in acetone. I usually use the pink Beauty Secrets acetone from Sally's. For my regular polish removal, I use Zoya Remove Plus. It's absolutely amazing!
Do you use a specific nail file? Any recommendations?
- I usually only file my nails down using a regular nail file with a fine grit from Sally's or Sally Hansen. I shape my nails with a glass nail file. It's super easy to use and gives a great look. I've had the same one for over a year and it is still amazing! You can find it on Amazon by clicking here.
What is the best way to remove glitter nail polish?
- Glitter polishes can be beautiful, but they are definitely a pain to take off. Anyway, I don't really wear much glitter anymore, especially not the chunkier types. When I wore glitter ALL THE TIME, I would use the foil method. You can Google it and you'll find a lot of tutorials.
- If I decide to wear a glitter polish these days, I use the OPI Glitter Off Base Coat. There is also one called Glitter-a-Peel from Nail Pattern Boldness.
What are your favorite colors? Finishes?
- My absolute favorite color is purple! When it comes to nail polish, purples, teals, blues, coral, mint, and browns are usually shades that I find the most flattering on my complexion. For makeup, I am not afraid of color at all! I can rock anything from the brightest pink to a matte taupe.
-My favorite finishes for nail polish are holo, shimmers, and cremes. For makeup, I love a nice shimmer finish and also matte shades. I don't really do much glitter at all anymore.
What camera do you use? What about your lighting setup?
- I have a Nikon L820. It's a purple color and I love it! My husband got it for my birthday last year as a show of support for my blog. I don't know much about photography, but I have managed to learn a few things that have helped to improve my picture quality.
- I take most of my pictures in my lightbox (purchased HERE) using two desktop lamps with daylight bulbs. For holos, really complex shimmers, and colors that are hard to capture (blues and purples mainly), I try to use natural daylight.
What's your favorite drug store makeup brand? High end?
- My favorite drug store makeup brand actually depends on what I am purchasing. Some brands I purchase from the most are Jordana, Wet N Wild, and L'Oreal.
- My favorite high end makeup brand (I guess it's considered high end), is Urban Decay. I LOVE their eyeshadows, liners, loose powder...ahh...so many things!
What is your favorite foundation?
- My favorite foundation actually depends on the behavior of my skin at certain times. I usually use MAC Mineralize Moisture SPF 15 Foundation in NC44. I use this for more coverage and when my skin is dry. I also love my Urban Decay Naked Skin 10.0, which is used for lighter coverage and when my skin is oily or normal.
-My favorite drugstore foundation is L'Oreal True Match in Cocoa. I also recently tried the Cover Girl Tru Match in D6 and I really like it as well.
Do you wear face or eye shadow primer? If so, which ones do you like?
- Yes, I wear both face and eye shadow primers. I also use a lip primer when I wear lipsticks. My favorites are listed below:
~Lips- MAC Prep + Prime Lip
~Eyes- Urban Decay Original Eye Shadow Primer & Too Faced Shadow Insurance Primer.
~Face- Urban Decay Pore Perfecting Complexion Primer, Too Faced Primed & Poreless, and
Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser.
Do you have a go to mascara?
- My favorite mascara of all time is Benefit They're Real! I've recently found two good drug store mascaras that I love as well: Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara and the L'Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara in Blackest Black.
-My go-to eye liners are by Urban Decay. These are the ones that I can apply in the mornings and not have to worry about at all throughout the day. My favorite everyday color is Perversion. I love Psychedelic Sister for a pop of color (it's purple).
- I've recently fallen in love with Benefit They're Real! Push-Up Liner. It has helped me in my desperate attempts at winged liner.
- Nars Exhibit A for high end, more bold look. I also love Milani Corallina Baked Blush, it gives a more glowy look with the added shimmer. Lastly, I love MAC Breath of Plum Powder Blush. It's a sheer lavender color.
- I use MAC's Refined Golden Bronzing Powder.
- I also really like the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer in Medium/Deep.
Do you wear concealer?
-Of course!! I have horrible dark circles under my eyes. They are a genetic trait in my family, so I have learned to live with it. I use a few concealers, depending on my skin issue and purpose.
~Blemishes- MAC Studio Finish SPF 35 in NC 45.
~Under Eyes- Pro Longwear in NC45
~Highlight- NYX and LA Girl Concealors
Favorite eye shadow palette?
- This is a really tough one for me because I have way too many shadow palettes. Considering all of the ones I have, I will go with my Too Faced Chocolate Bar and Urban Decay Naked 2. These are the ones I use the most, even when I use other palettes. I usually have something on from one of these everyday. These are both great all around.
- I don't own any drugstore brand eye shadow palettes at this time.
What is your favorite lipstick? Brand? Color?
- My all time favorite lipstick is MAC Heroine. My favorite lipstick brand is MAC. For drug store, I love NYX Butter Lipsticks and L'Oreal's, especially the new Colour Riche Nude Collection.
- I wear a wide variety of lipstick colors depending on my entire face look, wardrobe, and setting for the day. I love purple, coral, and brown colors on my complexion. I will never be bold enough to go too far outside the box (e.g., blue, black, green, and those types of colors).
Do you use a makeup setting spray?
-Yep...I sure do! My all time favorite, can't live without, have multiple backups and travel sizes is Urban Decay All-Nighter. I also use MAC Fix + and NYX Matte Finish Setting Spray.
Do you have a skin care routine? If so, what products do you use?
- Yes. I use the Mary Kay Cosmetics Timewise Miracle Set for combination/oily skin. It comes with a 3-in-1 cleanser, age-fighting moisturizer, Day Solution Sunscreen SPF35 serum, and a night solution serum. I also use Freeman masks a few times each week. I love the Charcoal and Black Sugar, Clay with Avocado and Oatmeal, and the Anti-Stress Dead Sea Minerals Masks.
- I try to do my facial routine every morning and night, but I sometimes forget or I'm too exhausted to care at the moment. LOL!