Tuesday, January 7, 2014

I'm a Twinsie Tuesday Girl!

Purchased by Me

Hello lovelies!! I am SUPER excited about today's post! On last week, I was invited to join a group of wonderful bloggers as one of the Twinsie Tuesday Girls!! This is such an honor! I can't even begin to explain how excited I am.

Who are the Twinsie Tuesday Girls? A small group of nail polish bloggers, sharing a common bond and experiences. The Twinsies are all very sweet ladies and some of my favorite blogs to follow.

What are Twinsie Tuesdays? Themed posts that occur weekly (yep, you guessed it...on Tuesdays).

I am not sure if you have ever heard of the Twinsie Tuesday Girls but be sure to check the links at the end of this post for their blog sites. My inaugural Twinsie post is a great way to get things rolling. This week's theme tasked the Twinies with creating a manicure using our favorite color combo. Who doesn't have one of these, right? Well, my favorite color combo happens to be bright pink, teal, and purple (of course)!

I wanted to make a statement and create a manicure that I could remember as my first Twinsie Tuesday post. I searched high and low through my Pinterest Inspiration & Ideas board and I realized I have pinned so many beautiful manis. I decided to go with a color blocking mani. For my pinky and index fingers, I used 2 coats of Orly Purple Crush (which is so much more of a bold orchid color than a true purple). This shade called my name as soon as I first saw it! I just realized that this would've made more sense, had I taken pics along the way. Oops...sowwy :) I used each of the other colors to create different sized squares on the ring and middle fingers.

I used metallic silver striping tape to create the borders around each block of color. I also added flat circular holographic studs to my pinky and ring fingers.

There's something about these colors that I just love together. I remember when I first went off to college (don't even dare ask how long ago!), these were the colors of my bedroom decor. I had a comforter with all of these colors, a purple rug, purple television and VCR (wow...I think the cat's out of the bad now!), and a purple microwave as well. I literally went all out! Or...my parents did!

What do you think of these colors together? Did you notice anything different about my pics today? If you guessed my new watermark/logo...you're right! Thanks so much to my wonderful cousin for creating this for me!

I am so excited to be a member of Twinsie Tuesday Girls and I look forward to each weekly challenge. Please be sure to stop by the other Twinsie's blogs and check out their favorite color combo manis!

Alaina at The Little Canvas
Amanda at Amandalandish
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Kelly at Tuxarina
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Rachel at Top Coat It
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Stephanie at A Little Polish
Traci at DrinkCitra

Toodles from the Twinsies!

22 comments:

1. what a beautiful combo on some beautiful nails! :)

2. PolishedtoPrecisionJanuary 7, 2014 at 10:22 AM

Thank you Roisin!

3. PolishedtoPrecisionJanuary 7, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Thanks so much Maribeth! You are such a sweetheart!

4. PolishedtoPrecisionJanuary 7, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Thanks Stephanie! I truly love wearing this combo!

5. PolishedtoPrecisionJanuary 7, 2014 at 10:24 AM

Thanks Erin! I couldn't bare to remove it, but I had to! LOL!

6. PolishedtoPrecisionJanuary 7, 2014 at 10:24 AM

Thank you so much Brittany!

ReplyDelete
  7. Oh currently here it's -1 with a -15 windchill, so yup, pretty freezing! I bet in FL you aren't that happy, you're in FL for a reason, to be warm!! lol. I'm venturing out soon and bundling up to the point you wont even know I'm a human hahaha.

8. PolishedtoPrecisionJanuary 7, 2014 at 1:06 PM

Thanks hun! I was so happy with the creation from my cousin. I found it easier this way, so I didn't have to worry about the base color messing up, I polished the blocks and added the tape to hide the imperfections and lines where they meet.

9. PolishedtoPrecisionJanuary 7, 2014 at 1:07 PM

Thank you Casey!

10. PolishedtoPrecisionJanuary 7, 2014 at 5:23 PM

Thank you so much!!

11. Marisa (Polish Obsession)January 7, 2014 at 6:06 PM

I'm so in love with this mani. I love the colors!! Glad to have you in TT Tiffany!

ReplyDelete
  12. STUNNING!!! Love the colors and the color blocking design!

ReplyDelete
  13. This looks so awesome I cant even! I need to perfect my striping tape skills! Welcome to TT Tiffany! I look forward to getting to know you all!
    -Kelly from Tuxarina

ReplyDelete
  14. I love this! The colors are all so bold and really pop! You definitely accomplished your goal of making this first post one to remember. :) So happy to have you with us as a Twinsie!

15. PolishedtoPrecisionJanuary 7, 2014 at 10:42 PM

Thank you so much Marisa!

16. PolishedtoPrecisionJanuary 7, 2014 at 10:43 PM

Thank you Anne! I've always loved the way these colors look together.

17. PolishedtoPrecisionJanuary 7, 2014 at 10:43 PM

Thanks Kelly! I am truly excited to be in the group! I've been admiring from the outside for several months!

18. PolishedtoPrecisionJanuary 7, 2014 at 10:44 PM

Thank you Chelsea! How sweet of you! So happy you like the manicure!

ReplyDelete
  19. I love this! Block manis are so much fun!

20. PolishedtoPrecisionJanuary 8, 2014 at 8:09 AM

Thanks so much hun!

ReplyDelete
  21. So glad you're a Twinsie, Tiffany! This mani is sooooo awesome! I love the colors and your striping tape looks so clean!

Blogging tips